Thursday, January 20, 2011

Devotional Thoughts: Let Your Light Shine


First of all, I'm so glad that you guys are excited to participate in our new challenges! I'll be scouting out the perfect passage to start with at the beginning of this next week. Stay tuned. In the meantime, let's change gears for a moment...

Sometimes I will want to pass along links to other devotionals, information, or good websites. Today is one of those days. Below is a link to an article I got this morning from The Christian Courier in Stockton, CA. I would encourage you to sign up for their email newsletters. We sign up for coupons, for home decor or crafting tips, for birthday party ideas, for financial advice, for recipes...all delivered to our inbox. Have some non-worldliness delivered to your inbox, too. =)

Read the whole thing - it got really good in the second half.



P.S. The picture above shows my Grandaddy's old globe - and the "votive holder" is really a teacup from a set that my friend Kevin brought back from China. Both of these items are from people who really do let their lights shine...to me, their combination makes a beyond perfect illustration for this lesson. =)

No comments: